18 April 2012

Enjoying spring evenings

The weather in Raleigh has been perfect for the past few weeks.  After a rainy February and early March, we've had lots of bright, sunny days.  Gets me thinking of the song...

I can see clearly now the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way...
But I digress.

With daytime highs in the 70's and evenings cooling to the 50's, we have taken the time to enjoy what I would consider perfect days with dinners on the back deck, sleeping with our windows open, and lots of walks to the park.  The sights I see and sounds I hear on these daily walks remind me of the natural world and my experience in it. Listening to an evening breeze through an open window is a perfect way to relax into sleep.

This weekend we purposefully went to the park shortly before dark to experience the the amazing natural phenomenon called a sunset.  It was a beautiful evening, perfect for laying down on a grassy hill, watching airplanes leave their mark in the sky, and seeing the day come to end.

 Bond Park, NC

 Darwin is settling in for the view

Sunsets never cease to amaze me

The spring and fall are beautiful in North Carolina.  The best part is they actually last for a few months.  I have been trying to enjoy as much of it as I can and be mindful of the scents, sounds, and feelings it brings to me.

What do you love most about nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment